Our learning portal is entirely web-based. This means you can use pretty much any computer and tablet to access our learning materials.
You can use any operating system, such as Linux, MacOS (10.x) or Windows to work with us. There is no need to install any special software in order to access the NSWLearning online learning portal.
The portal can also be used on a tablet or smartphone so you easily study on the move.
To work with us, you will need –
- A computer running Linux, Mac OSX or Windows
- A printer
- A word processor capable of saving files in .doc or docx format, (eg MSWord, LibreOffice, Pages)
- A modern web browser
- Up-to-date security software;
- Firewall software
- An email address (each student needs to have their own personal email address)
- Access to the Internet (though this is not required 24/7)
- A scanner may be useful but is not essential
We find that parents really do need a reasonable working knowledge of their computer’s operating system. This does not mean that you need to be an IT expert, but in our experience it does help a great deal if at least one parent is familiar enough with computers to, for example, install software, keep an eye on anti-virus and other security software and backup files to a separate location.